The opening position, as part of a broader team of R&D and Clinical Laboratory, will contribute to developing, implementing, benchmarking, and integrating robust and reproducible data analysis workflow across the company.
OMECare is a global leading genetic testing company located in the biotech innovation hub, San Diego, California. Our mission is to empower patients and their physicians with the most comprehensive, customized genetic analysis. We are a team of top scientists in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetic, Nutritionists, Physicians, AI Scientists dedicated to developing and commercializing novel assays in support personal wellness and precision medicine. With our over-ten-year experienced high-complexity, College of Pathologists (CAP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendment (CLIA) accredited laboratory, we strive to make a difference in people’s lives through the state-of-the-art technologies that personalize the unique needs for the wellness and health of everyone in your family.
Ready to join our team? We are embarking an incredible journey to build a world class innovation center in science, technology and clinical operation. You, with shared passions, in addition to special knowledge and skills, are invited to be a part of our incredible mission.
The opening position for Bioinformatics Scientist, as part of a broader team of R&D and Clinical Laboratory, will contribute to developing, implementing, benchmarking, and integrating robust and reproducible data analysis workflow across the company. The candidate should be talented in adapting existing methods and developing cutting edge methodologies to solve exciting and challenging problems in genetic biomarker detection and profiling. The successful candidate will develop bioinformatics pipelines and analysis software to support R&D and clinical assays. He/She will provide data analysis support, troubleshooting and provide algorism solutions for RnD and Clinical laboratory, research and evaluate the latest open source and commercial bioinformatics software. The bioinformatics scientist will generate user specifications from diverse groups and maintain good software documentation practices, included the process of developing documentation to execute installation qualifications, performance qualifications, and operational qualifications. This position will be responsible for training laboratory staff, and in maintaining the bioinformatics pipelines in the production environment. Candidate will stay apprised of relevant bioinformatics literature.
Enjoying being highly independent and flexible, and working in a highly collaborative environment will be critical to success.
- Develop algorithms for analysis of vast number of studies across various data types and platforms for translational research and clinical applications.
- Apply best practice computational methods to analyze large-scale NGS data, such as Genotyping by sequencing, gene expression, copy-number, mutation, methylation, etc. in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Design and develop Bioinformatic pipelines to analyze NGS data across multiple species and or platforms. address novel analytical challenges including single cell and cell-free genomic data, and to automate established analysis so that studies can be analyzed in a robust manner
- In conjunction with the hiring manager, help Guide biomarker discovery research projects to generate data that justify and/or inform the collection and analysis of clinical specimens
- Integration of RnD data analysis workflow with CLIA laboratory operation including using current LIMS system
- Developing software for both the cloud (AWS) and for SGE high performance clusters.
- Work with various bioinformatics tools for variant calling and alignments for large NGS data sets.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
We look for people who are also inspired by our commitment and would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture.
- Master’s degree or PhD in genetics, computational biology or bioinformatics with minimum 1-2 years (industrial setting preferred) NGS (Illumina systems preferred) Data analysis are required.
- Linux based environment and expertise in shell programming preferred.
- Experience developing software for both the cloud (AWS) and for SGE high performance clusters are desirable.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, perl, C.
- Background in statistical analysis and Agile development a plus.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, proactive, and dedicated. Outstanding organizational, time management, and people interaction skills.
- Background in statistical analysis a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
At OMECare, we believe that people are our most vital assets, and are committed to creating a great place to work. We value a culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility, productivity, and teamwork. We invite people who share the same values to join us. Please fill in the form below for immediate consideration. OMECare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.